Friday, August 22, 2008

Tie Dying our goal-family mickey mouse shirts!

Today I decided to try and tie dye Mickey Mouse shirts for our next family trip to Disneyland. We love Disneyland so much that it is the place we end up going when ever hubby is fortunate enough to get a few days off of work. (Most of the time he can only manage 1-3 days off so Disneyland is close enough to accommodate this type of mini vacation)












Here are what my hands look like after tie dying because I am too lazy to wear gloves!









Here are pink pants for Aly, KK, and me--mine are Capri's! The black and teal swirl shirts are for hubby and KK although I am not sure if hubby is liking his that much. Anyone else want it? Comment in the comment section and if you like it I will send it to you. It is a men's XL.















This blue one turned out great for hubby and he liked it too! The second picture is my friend Annette's shirts that she tie dyed. She left them with me to rinse and wash since I was already doing mine. She wanted me to post hers because she will be gone for the weekend and wants to see them.



Here is how our Mickey Mouse shirts turned out. The first one is Aly's, then Kk's, and then mine. I actually like how mine turned out the best! Lucky me!


The last two are hubby's and his Mom's. She will be joining us on our next mini trip to Disneyland. We are just doing a quick weekend trip now that Aly is in school. I thought it would be fun for all of us to have matching shirts. Hubby's Mickey Mouse head has a little bit of black outside. I told him I could make him a new shirt or use a bleach pen. He said it was fine and he liked it how it is. So what do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole family is going to have matching tie-dye Mickey Mouse tee-shirts? WOW!

You know that everyone is going to be asking you guys where you bought those. They are way too cool!! It might even attract the attention of the park officials (ha! - they would hate it if word got out on how to make your own Disney merchandise without paying their obscene prices!). Oh, be sure to let everyone know how it goes next time...

-- Bill

Anonymous said...

I think they came out good. I hope mine didn't shrink.

Momma to LG said...

So cool! I hope you aren't going to wear the pink pants with the Mickey shirts. That would be too much for me. I am really impressed.

Anonymous said...

They are sooooooo cute Angela! I can't believe how great they turned out. Great job! I love them!!! :0 Amy

Busymama Kellie said...

That is very cool! I've always wanted to learn how to tie-dye but never got around to it. Love the mickey shirts!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Do you mind sharing how you made those Mickey Mouse shirts? I was googling to find a cool tie dye project and LOVE what you did!
Thanks!!