Saturday, August 2, 2008

R.I.P Squeekins

Poor Squeakins, the past 24 hours have been a long hard fight for him. He had a long life for a rat and his time was up. He began heavy, labored breathing yesterday afternoon so we knew it was a matter of time before he was gone. I expected to wake up this morning to see that he had passed but he was still alive and still had heavy, labored breathing. It was so sad to watch and I truly felt so sorry for him. I prepared the girls yesterday telling them that Squeakins was sick and that he would probably die.

At around 2 p.m. this afternoon he lost his life and will be resting in peace. We had a burial service for him in our backyard and put flowers on his grave. This has been our first loss of a pet and Aly is learning about life and death and what happens when you die. She seems o.k. but does say that she feels a little sad. KK just keeps talking about Squeakins being in a hole in the backyard.

Squeakins was unique and we have no intentions of replacing him. We will cherish the remaining pets we do have such as fish, frogs, a cat, and two dogs.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I am sorry about your pet! I remember losing my first hamster in the 1st grade. It is so hard, but a good life lesson. So sorry though!

The baked burritos (saw your sweet comment) are on my Recipe Index (top right corner of my blog)under "Vegetarian" recipes. They are a family favorite and super healthy!