Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bedtime Routine last post

I just have to tell how what happened Monday night. Now that we have the bedtime routine in place KK decided she didn't need me anymore at all. No, she didn't want me to sit in the chair in her room while she fell asleep. She wanted me to leave the room and she told me so! I was in shock but readily obeyed since I was going to start this process anyway in a couple of weeks.

It was really cute to see her thinking and manipulation skills. She came to the door and peeked out many times. I put her back in bed a few times. At one point she didn't want me in the hallway so she told me to go downstairs. I decided to try it and do the dishes. I heard her a few times upstairs peeking out the door. I was thinking I bet she told me to go downstairs so she could sneak in my room and sleep in my bed. Sure enough, in a couple of minutes I heard her feet walking across the floor and I found her tucking herself in my bed! What a riot! I put her back in her own bed and this time she fell asleep on her own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't cute at the time but it sure does sound adorable. They sure can be sneaky that's for sure. It sounds like things are going great for your bedtime routine! Give yourself a big pat on the back! What a HUGE accomplishment for you!! Love, AMy

Busymama Kellie said...

That's hilarious! Our kids are on the same wavelength. Just last night I went to take a late shower and came out to find my son lying in our bed with his hands behind his head smiling at me. What a sneak! I couldn't resist and let him sleep in our bed. I know, bad mommy!