Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Check out our new pics of the girls!

Yesterday was a very long, fun day. The day started out with Aly's Kindergarten assessment at 9:00 a.m. Then it was off to try and buy her soccer uniform but the store didn't open till 11 so we will have to put that off until this weekend. After that we went and picked up Grandma T so we could spend the day together and go shopping.

I decided to dress the girls in matching dresses with the hopes that I may just be able to get their pictures taken at the mall. We arrived at the Picture People shortly after 12 and put our name down to get our photos taken. When it was finally our turn we were lucky enough to have the best photographer in there! She did such an amazing job that I wanted to buy like 15-20 different shots. Yeah, well, I don't have that much money so I had to compromise to 5 pictures. I may just buy 5 more next month too. Buying just these 5 pictures cost $75.00. Ouch, that really hurt my pocket book but the pictures were great! I bought 10x13 pics and forgot that my scanner would only scan in 8x10's so many of the pics have feet and heads cut off that aren't really cut off in the original photo.











We spent a good portion of the day going back and forth to the picture people to pick out photos and have them printed. Their printer kept having a problem with printing so we did get a credit of two free prints for the future.

We really only shopped in a couple of stores at the mall. The girls loved the Disney store and Grandma T bought them each a Dalmatian dog stuffed animal that they picked out. they were thrilled. I bought a few things on clearance at Sears for the girls for next year. They had some shorts as cheap as $1.50 and swimming suits at $6.00.

I think we left the mall around 6:00 p.m. but were not done yet. I had to buy Aly a pair of soccer cleats before our first practice on Wed. night which left me like 24 hours--yeah down to the last minute which isn't like me. After going to two stores we found a pair that was her size at Sports Authority.

Our last stop was Target. Grandma T wanted to buy the girls another toy and she knew Target had a great selection of Littlest Pet Shops. So Aly picked out two Littlest Pet Shops and KK picked out a Horton Stuffed animal and a toy shark. The girls are very happy with their new toy lot!

We finally got to Grandma's house at 7:30. I helped her clear some memory from her computer and by the time we left it was 9:00 p.m.! Since we live an hour and a half away we got home at 10:30 last night!!! Crazy huh! What a day! Amazingly the girls did great.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my pedometer says we walked 12,656 steps. that's just having all that fun. It was great . Really enjoyed the whole day.
Grandma T.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of it.

Unknown said...

Aly and KK look so cute with their matching dress. I can't believe how big our kids are getting. I'm still trying to get a handle at the fact that Aly and Nathan are starting Kindergarten next week.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Your girls are so cute!

Momma to LG said...

Those photos are so great!!!

Busymama Kellie said...

Aww, your girls are adorable! What great photos.