Friday, August 8, 2008

I am officially a SOCCER MOM!

Five years in the waiting and I am now officially a soccer mom. I had hopes that my daughter/daughters would want to join soccer. Aly loved it and so did KK. Yeah I know KK isn't on the team but she doesn't agree. She thinks she is a big girl just like them and she sat and stretched, and tried to do drills with them. She wasn't really able to do drills because she didn't have her own soccer ball. I promised her that I would buy her a ball.





Aly has a great team of all girls. There will be 8 girls in all. They will play 3 on 3 for games and will play two games at a time. So the coach will run one game with four of the girls and the assistant coach will run another game with the other 4 girls. I guess the theory is that this gives them more time to touch the ball and learn how to play.



At least four of the girls on her soccer team will be in kindergarten at her school so I am really happy about that. I am looking forward to her meeting more girls that live near us. Soccer season will run until the end of Nov. with our first game in Sept. You better believe I will be posting about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! How exciting! I can't wait to put Taylor in Soccer! I hope she enjoys it as much as I did! Alyssa looked so cute in her soccer gear! I bet she's going to do great! How fun for you too! :)Amy