Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aly's first day of Kindergarten

Today was the big day! Everything went smoothly on our new morning routine thanks to practicing it all week. We needed to leave around 8:10 but our plan was so smooth we were ready 15 minutes early!



Here is Aly's lunch for her 1st day of school. She requested a bologna sandwich so I used fondant cutter to make her sandwich into fun shapes. She also had Pirate's Booty--otherwise known as organic cheese puffs, freeze dried strawberries, a cliff kids fruit twist, mini champagne grapes, and a fruit bar. I know a lot of fruit but that is what she wanted. I also put a surprise special note in her lunch that said, "Mommy loves you! I hope you are having a good day!" I attached a Hershey's Kiss to it.


Aly modeled for me on the stairs in her new outfit. She was very proud of how she looked in it and told everyone all about it. KK was feeling like she wanted to have a picture taken too so I took one of her as well.




Our first stop was to Aly's classroom. On the door was a note that we needed to go down to the big playground and wait in line until the teacher came and got them. I was a bit sad about this because I assumed that meant we couldn't walk them to class or see there classroom. Check out KK standing next to Aly in front of her classroom. She seriously thinks she is going to Kindergarten too!


Check out Aly's new frog Littlest Pet Shop backpack. She is so thrilled to have it! BTW because Aly was wearing a backpack KK ran and got a backpack to wear too! Check out KK, Aly, and Nathan on the playground. I started to take a picture of Aly and Nathan and KK jumped in! She really wants to go to school! Good thing preschool starts for her next week!
The first picture shows Aly's class and her teacher getting ready to go to the classroom. Thankfully the teacher was kind enough to let us go into the classroom with our kids. She said we could stay until 9:30 but I left at 9:08 as I knew Aly was fine and I wanted to give the teacher some space. The second picture shows Aly already making a new friend. She was also lucky enough to sit across from her friend Nathan.
While Aly was at school I worked really hard making a surprise for her. I spent the entire time making her a frog dress! I thought it would be a nice surprise for her.
When I picked her up she was a bit grouchy but only because of the weight of her backpack and the heat. It was really hot! In fact she told me it was so hot today that she didn't even play on the playground. She just sat in the shade with her friend Nathan.
She said she liked school and her teacher was nice. She did tell me that during story time the teacher told all of the children to be quiet and listen to the story. Aly said that her and Nathan listened to the teacher and didn't talk but many of the other boys and girls did. I told her I was proud of her for listening to the teacher and following the rules!
Do you know what Aly was begging me to do? She said she wanted to take the bus home from school tomorrow! I told her I didn't think Mom was ready for that yet, maybe next week, I need some time to let go.........................
BTW the whole way home poor KK was crying that she wanted to go back and go to kindergarten. She was very sad, I felt so bad for her. I can't wait till next week so that she will understand that she is starting preschool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time for all of you. Although I am SO glad you got to see the classroom. That would have been so hard. I'm glad it all worked out so well. I bet Kayla will be so excited to start preschool next week. I can't wait to hear how that goes. Alyssa is so beautiful...she looks like such a big girl now! :) Amy

Momma to LG said...

So proud of all of you!!!! I remember my first day of being a kindergarten teacher and all the parents gawking in the windows.