Thursday, August 14, 2008

A great reason why I didn't get the job

Back in July I had an interview for a position as a Quality E.C.E. Facilitator. Click here to see post about it. Anyway, I had decided I didn't want the job and was not chosen anyway. So today I decided to look up on their website to see who they hired. Man, they were like 10 times more qualified than I was! I totally don't feel bad at all that I wasn't offered the position. I would have hired that person too! Here is her bio:

Elizabeth grew up in a small agricultural town in Northern California and pursued her education at California State University, Sacramento earning her Bachelor's degree in Child Development, and her Master's degree in Early Childhood Education. Elizabeth decided to continue her education and is currently pursuing her doctorate degree in Curriculum and Instruction at Argosy University.
Elizabeth has worked in early childhood education settings for the past six years, working with infants, toddlers, and preschool and even school-age children. Elizabeth has presented at many conferences including the Head Start National Conference in Oxford, England. She has intensive training on the ECERS ratig scale, trained by Dr. Thelma Harms. She enjoys working with children and seeing them accomplish the little things. During the past three years, Elizabeth taught at a local norther California Community College, and enjoyed working with a diverse group of adults.
Elizabeth is a mother to a bright eight-year-old son. Together they do many things outdoors as well as play games and read together, Elizabeth is excited about being part of the First 5 team and looks forward to working with providers in the County helping them gain knowledge and strength in the early childhood education field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you realize how better qualified you are at being a mom than many other women who really need a book or some other form of instruction. I'm talking about the ones who are stuck on the career path, the cosmetics, and especially those who think that their kids must be 24/7 occupied by group activities, precluding quiet creative time.

I think you should give credit to yourself where it's due, and leverage that somehow. After all, how many moms actually bother to bake a special cake for their kids, let alone a cake for someone else's kid? And not just buying it from a stupid bakery?

Oh, well, just my thoughts... (not that it helps any)

-- Bill

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to see that Angela. I'm sure that did make you feel much better not that you needed to. :) I'm glad you're going to be at home still...you deserve this time and I hope you enjoy it...I know you will! :) Amy