Sunday, August 10, 2008

Little Mermaid Doll Blanket and Pillow

When Aly asked her friend Grace what she wanted for her birthday Grace said she wanted a doll blanket and pillow and she would like it to be The Little Mermaid. I knew there was no way we would find this in the store so I told Aly that I would make her one. I hunted for fabric and found the Little Mermaid fabric at Walmart. It took half a yard of the pink and half a yard of the Little Mermaid fabric to make the blanket and pillow. I ended up making two of each since Grace has a three year old sister. I thought that way they wouldn't fight over it. I know my girls would!

My friend Annette gave me the idea of using a zigzag stitch to trim it and that really made it look nice! Thanks for the idea Annette! Now both of my girls want one too but of course Aly wants frogs and I am guessing KK will choose some animal fabric that I have. I will post those when I finish making them.




No comments: