Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Labor Day weekend trip

Every Labor Day we like to make the long drive out to sticker Grandma's house in Burney. During Labor Day weekend each year they have a local fair that my Dad loved and did all of the electrical work for each year. He had also hoped that when my children got older he could take them to the fair. He told me that he had Labor Day weekend reserved for his grandchildren and that would be something special he wanted to share with them each year.

Unfortunately my father never had the opportunity to take my girls to the fair. He passed away when my oldest daughter was 21 months old. Funds that were donated to his Memorial were given to this fair and two bricks were made in his memory at their fountain.













I believe we have made it the last three out of four years to the fair to remember my father and take time to do something he enjoyed so much. The last two years sticker grandma took pictures by the fountain with the girls and the year before that I took a picture next to the fountain with KK.

Do you know what was crazy? This was one of those weekends that we had been experiencing 100 degree weather so I didn't pack any sweatshirts or jackets for myself or the girls. For some strange reason the weather turned and it was cold! I had to buy all three of us some sweatshirts so we could be warm.
BTW the top two pictures are KK's first ride. She really wanted to ride the dragon roller coaster. However, I think once she realized that she couldn't ride with Mommy and sister didn't want to go that this wasn't exactly fun anymore. The ride operator was awesome though and let me take her off the ride after its first turn around the track. He even gave us our tickets back! KK loves roller coasters but I think she loves them when she is not alone!

The first ride they ended up going together on was the Merry Go Round. This is definitely always one of their favorites! Sticker Grandma joined them to make sure they were safe and no one fell off!

The second ride they chose was the cars. KK was determined to ride the black car and Aly wanted the red. They both didn't mind being in separate cars and enjoyed the ride.

The last an final ride was the airplane ride. They liked this one as well and both rode in the same plane together. After the rides we ate our picnic lunch and watched the parade. Shortly after the parade we left and went back to Grandma's house. We all had a good time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Glad they had a great time with sticker grandma.
Next time you see her tell her I said, hi!
Grandma T

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful to read! I didn't realize you had such special memories with your Dad at the fair. I think it's special for you to share them with the girls like that. :) It also looks like you guys had such a great fun day! How nice they let Kayla off the roller coaster...she did look a little bit on the scared side. :) The fair looked like so much fun. :) Amy