Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How far do you walk in a day?

Back in June my hubby bought me a pedometer for our anniversary. Yeah, I know, funny gift but it was something I had expressed that I wanted. I thought it would be fun to find out how much I walk in a day or how much I walk when we go places like a fair, or Disneyland.

So today I finally pulled it out and put it on first thing this morning. Turns out I walked a total of 7.37 miles and 15,573 steps! I know that 3 miles of that was on the treadmill and 1/2 mile of that was the distance it takes to walk to and from my daughter's bus stop twice a day. So that pretty much leaves me with almost four miles of walking around my house in an average day! Granted I live in a three story house but I really didn't think I would walk that much! Crazy huh?

I think I will continue to wear the pedometer for awhile just for fun. Could be fun to track how active/inactive I may be on any given day.

3 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

That's so interesting, I never really thought about how far we actually walk, with no place to go!

Anonymous said...

I wear mine every day some time I only get 5000 steps but it's fun to see how lazy you can be when you decide to slack off. You should walk off 10,000 miles a day. eat healthy and your weight should stay fairly even. I just like to see haw many steps I can take a day.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I totally want to get one now! I can't even imagine how that would be with me running around after all the little ones around here. It would be really interesting though. I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks for sharing! :) Amy