Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pink Princess Castle Cake

One of Alyssa's best friends was having a birthday party and I jumped at the chance to be able to make a cake for her. The best part was that she wanted a princess cake and this would be a challenge for me. I searched the net to find ideas and finally the day before this was my vision and I created it! I woke up early this morning as I had to have the cake ready by 11:00 a.m. I like my cakes to be fresh.

A few things I learned when making this cake. Since it is a two tier cake I really should have bought a plastic insert the the second layer could have sat on. Not having this insert caused the weight of the second layer to make it lean a bit. If I would have had more time I think I would have frosted the cones white and decorated them with sprinkles. Time was down to the wire and I finished decorating it at 10:30 so I knew I had to cut something to have enough time to get it done.

Over all I was pleased. Both of the girls love it and now Aly wants one for her next birthday......we will see when the time actually comes. She always changes her mind throughout the year.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake is adorable. How creative you are. I wish I could be that creative but I lost out on that. Proud of you Angela.

Love ya,
Mom W.

Unknown said...

What an awsome looking cake. Well done. I especially love the rainbow path infront of the castle.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I want that cake for Taylor! :) It's amazing Angela! You should feel very proud of yourself! Your so creative! By the way I did show Taylor and she LOVES it! Amy :)

Busymama Kellie said...

OMG, I love that cake! My daughter would pee her pants over that and her birthday is coming up next month. She has been telling me she wants castle cake for her party. I have never decorated a cake though, so I doubt it would turn out as nice as yours!

bloggerrifc said...

that's about the most precious cake i've ever seen.