Tuesday, August 19, 2008

KK's first day of preschool!

Today KK had her first day of preschool. I was surprised that she was shy and clingy when I brought her in. I sat with her through morning circle time and decided to leave when she was at outdoor recess having a great time! I returned shortly before 2. She was quietly playing with some toys stacking them up. She was very happy to see me. I asked one of her teachers how she did and the teacher said, "She cried a little bit a few times. She wanted us to cuddle her a few times. She had lots of fun and played really hard!" I asked KK how she liked it and she said, "I like preschool, I play with the dinosaurs and boys.!"





Here she is posing on the stairs with her teddy! She was really excited to go to preschool but she really wanted to take the big yellow bus to preschool instead of mommy's car. The second picture is KK playing in the playhouse.



In the first picture KK is climbing on their climbing dome. We have the same climbing dome at our house and she is quite a monkey on it! In the second picture she is climbing on the pirate ship.

KK will go to preschool two days a week this year. I will likely substitute teach on some of those days. If I am not called to teach I will enjoy some quality ME time which I have waited 5 years to get! I did get to spend some time alone shopping today and it was great! No children screaming and fighting, no children pulling on my shirt asking me to buy them toys, etc.....

2 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

It must be so exciting to have both kids in school now! And some me time would be heavenly! I'm sure you're looking forward to that.

Anonymous said...

Kayla looks like such a big girl and really ready for school. Timmy is just beside himself as well. He just can't wait! Neither can I, for him. :) Amy