Friday, August 15, 2008

Our Gas and Grocery Bill for the Month of July


July's grocery bill came in at $261.48. Just where I would like it. We did try to eat more from what we had on stock and buy less at the grocery store. My freezer was getting too full so I made the commitment to try and eat from what we have stored.


Our gas bill came in at $628.30 which was down $112.93 from June's bill. This was due partly to decreased gas prices, me staying home a ton, and that week we stayed by hubby's work in a hotel which cut down on three days of commuting! I still want my Corolla back. I paid the mechanic on July 5th to do an alignment but he hasn't done anything! I called him and asked a few times and one time he told me he changed his mind and thought it might be a joint in the transmission and that he needed to call his transmission friend. The next time I called he said he hadn't heard back from his friend so he thought he would just change the transmission fluid and see if he found metal shavings in it. Man I want that car back!


I know my gas bill will go up in August. Even though fuel prices are going down with Aly starting kindergarten and me driving her back and forth I will be using a lot more gas. Her school is 8 miles each way which brings in a grand total of 32 miles a day. Multiply that times 5 and you get 90 miles a week just on Aly's school trips. We are going to have her ride the bus at least 3 days a week but in the beginning I am driving her. KK's preschool starts too which will be 36 miles twice a week. Ohh the pains of living out in the middle of nowhere! Can someone convince my husband to move closer to civilization cause I sure can't!

No comments: