Monday, October 6, 2008

Volunteering in KK's classroom






Monday was my first day having a chance to volunteer in KK's classroom. In the beginning the school didn't have a sign up sheet and then I just didn't have a chance. I was glad I did and what a fun day to be there. The local fire department visited. KK was in awe! I didn't even tell Aly about KK's visit with the fire department but KK did. This amazed me because KK doesn't really discuss her day with Aly or any of us really. She will answer questions but she is not big on starting or contributing to conversation at this point. So Aly told me that KK said she got to go on a fire truck and ring a bell.

Doesn't KK look cute in the firehat?




The children got to watch a fire fighter dress up in all his gear. KK was so cute. When he put on all his gear she said, "Mommy, where did he go?" Then she told me is was too scary.




Look at how cute they are. Do you know she only had six kids in her class that day? Normally there are only nine, nice small class. One of the firefighters was Jacob's Dad, the boy in the green shirt!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like a fun day! :)