Friday, October 10, 2008

Substituting Day 3

Today was my third day that I have been able to sub in Aly's class since the beginning of the school year. Today we had a really good day. While we didn't accomplish a lot of learning--only calendar, rhyming, and reading 3 stories, we had a GREAT time! It definitely was more like a play day. We got to do a scarecrow art project that I prepped, sharing, and singing. I introduced the class to a song that KK fell in love with from her Montessori school.

I now know all of the children's names in the class and am beginning to get to know all of them for their unique, individual personalities. I am also starting to love each and everyone of them all for different reasons. I really enjoyed teaching the class today despite being tired and really learned that this truly is the profession for me. After being gone for four years, I still whole heartidly love teaching. I miss it a lot and am glad that I am given the opportunity every once in a while to sub in Aly's class. I look forward to when the timing is right returning to a career that I love and am doing out of pure joy and satisfaction and not for the money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think you will return to it when the girls are older? :) I'm glad you are enjoying yourself and have a pure love of teaching. It's hard to find people who truly love their jobs, you are lucky :)

Busymama Kellie said...

That is such a great opportunity for you! You get to enjoy time out of the house doing something you love AND spend precious time with your daughter. Doesn't get any better than that!