Monday, October 20, 2008

Child labor-works for us!



This past weekend was a weekend filled with chores. Hubby really needed some help getting all the firewood he split stacked up so he could throw some tarps on it. So I told him that I would help and we could try and get the girls to help too.

It totally worked! KK was thrilled to help and had a great time loading wood in the wagon and handing it to me to stack. For the first 4-5 loads it was just KK and I. Aly then decided to join in and boy did it go fast. With both of them helping me load the wagon and then both of them handing me wood to stack it was great! Really helped ease the strain on my back too.

KK actually helped almost the whole time. Aly was good for about 4 loads. At one point she recruited KK to do art with her at the table outside. KK did art for a bit but decided she would rather help stack wood. Isn't that cute, a little three year old helping Mommy stack wood.

I tried to take a picture of the wood pile but it is so wide it didn't fit in the whole picture. We actually still have more to stack and think that by the time we are done it will all be filled with wood. We are assuming it will be around 2 1/2 cords which means we may still need 1/2 to 1 more cords of wood split. Hubby wants a break for now though so after we get the wood stacked we will cover it up and worry about more later.

2 comments:

Purva Brown said...

Nice... can't wait till Sierra is old enough to help with laundry, dishwashing, and every other thing I can think of. Hey, it might even help her sleep better at night - and we all need THAT!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a ton of wood! How cute of the girls to help! I know Taylor and Timmy would love doing that sort of thing as well. They love to pull weeds....so strange! :) Amy