Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Toyota Corrolla is FINALLY fixed

Words cannot express how thrilled I am that my Corrolla is fixed. First of it took 5 mechanics to figure out the problem. Here are all the things we replaced as suggested by different mechanics. In their defense a vibration problem is hard to diagnose and for some reason my check engine light never came on until a week ago.

Things replaced/repaired:
tires rotated and balanced $20
axels replaced $150
Struts ... $200
transmision fluid changed $30
brakes redone $100 (these actually needed to be done)
diagnostic even though they didn't know the problem: $40

I can't remember if there was anything else but it finally ended up being a bad spark plug. Apparently Bosch spark plugs aren't always compatible with Toyota's. Too bad that check engine light didn't come on two years ago! So I guess my car was running on three cylinders instead of four which is why the vibration was only happening in high gear going up steep grades. Ugh, anyway, I am just happy to have it back as it should start saving us quite a bit on gas!

Hubby is totally fine with the Corrolla being his new commute car. So we shall really start cutting our gas bill almost in half!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bUT IT'S UNBELIEVABLE THAT IT'S ONE SPARK PLUG AND NOBODY CAUGHT IT.

Anonymous said...

hOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uNBIEVABLE THAT NOBODY CHECKED IT FIRST.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the fixed Corrolla!!! :)