Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Singing in the rain!

Aly expressed interest in taking a shower tonight. She had the time of her life too! It was so cute! She pretended she was singing in the rain. She said the shower was rain and it felt like so much fun to stand in the rain and let water pour over her head. Of course this is not one of those Kodak moments so don't expect any pictures. KK thought the idea of a shower was neat too so she joined her sister. It was so cute to see both of them playing in the rain. I even taught them the Singing in the Rain song. Aly has informed me that she will be taking a shower every night now and doesn't want baths anymore.

Do you want to know how pathetic I was? I was so terrified of taking a shower when I was a child that I didn't begin until nearly ten years old. I remember not wanting water in my face or eyes. I know my Mom really wanted me to take a shower. Based on my recollection I don't think I began taking them regularly until after my step mom let me take one with her a few times to get used to it.

So my girls beat me to it. Yeah, they made me look pretty pathetic. I am happy though that they enjoy the shower as it is certainly easier to do than a bath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you weren't pathetic, i didn't really care for showers when I was younger either, for some reason I was always getting shampoo in my eyes when I would shower!

Purva Brown said...

I wasn't afraid of showers, having soaked in the rain a few times - no, I was afraid of a tub bath... believe it or not. See, you're not crazy! :)