Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My b-day celebration

My birthday always falls at such a busy time of year. Now that I have two girls it feels like it is even more busy! The day started off with me get Aly off to school. Once I had accomplished that task I had to bake 60 cupcakes! Yes, that's right, 60! Why so many you ask? Aly's school needed me to donate 24 for the cake walk and I wanted to make 36 for Aly's class. Aly's class only has 20 students but I knew younger siblings would be coming to the party and I didn't want them to be left out. So I made a dozen extra just in case. I knew some of the adults would want to eat one anyway.

So I decided to make 24 brownie cupcakes, 24 m&m cookie cupcakes, and 12 chocolate chip cupcakes. This consumed most of my day. After Aly got home from school we played a bit and then found out that Daddy could meet us at Carrows for dinner. Carrows happens to be Aly's favorite restaurant because they know just how to make macaroni and cheese the right way!

Of course I had a coupon for a free piece of triple layer chocolate cake and a free drink. So it got hubby off the hook from buying me a cake for my birthday and we wouldn't have to worry about any left over!
When we got home we opened presents. The girls were so thrilled and wanted to open my presents for me.
The girls got me pins for my substitute teaching Disney lanyard. Aly got me a Pluto pin and KK got me a Mickey Mouse pin. Hubby picked out a Tinker Bell music box. The girls loved it so much that I could barely keep my hands on it! In fact the sad part was that nearly 5 minutes after I opened it one of the butterfly wings had already broken off. Super Glue here we come!
Here is a close up picture of the globe. You can see how fragile the butterflies are. We told the girls not to touch but it was so hard for them not to. When I wasn't looking Aly picked it up and accidentally made it fall. Oh well, Super Glue here we come!
My best friend Amy completely spoiled me with Mickey Mouse Christmas PJ's from the Disney store. Can I just say these are the most comfortable flannel pj's I have ever worn! She also got me a Pampered Chef decorating tool for cake decorating and a bear ornament for our Christmas tree. I loved everything! She also sent one of those fun musical cards and this one song the Mickey Mouse theme song!
Thank you Amy and hubby for making my day so special!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!

Happy Belated Birthday! I have been a hermit ever since Braden was born so sorry I haven't been keeping in touch with anyone! Why am I still awake you may ask? I am waiting for my stinker Elijah to fall asleep! No sleep for mommy! :)

Sorry I missed it, maybe someday when I regain some sanity we can get together for that moms night out!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got all kinds of stuff for your birthday! SWEET snow globe!!! I'm glad the girls got you something and that it ended up being such a good day after all those cupcakes!

-Kristi