Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sleep Overs

Here was Aly and my conversation in the car:

Aly: Mommy can I have a sleep over at Eileen's house?

Me: Hmmm, Maybe someday.

Aly: But she said I could have a sleep over now.

Me: I don't know if I am ready for that.

Aly: But I am ready for that.

Me: I know Aly, but her house is kind of far. Maybe she could come to our house for a sleep over?

Aly: No, I want to go to her house!

Me: How about you have your first sleep over at someone's house that we know and that is close to our house like Grace?

Aly: O.k. that would be good.

Aly: Mommy, I want to have a sleep over at Tommy's house.

Me: No way, that is never going to happen!

Aly: But why Mommy, Tommy is my friend?

Me: Well I don't know Tommy's parents and I don't know him.

Aly: Well his mom is really nice and I can show you who Tommy is.

Me: No, Aly, you can't have sleep overs at a boys house.

Aly: Why not? But I want to.

Me: Well, I really don't know him.

Aly: But can I have a sleep over at Nathan or Nick's house?

Me: Maybe, Daddy and Mommy will have to talk about that one. We know their parents so we will have to see.

O.k. so my daughter is already wanting to have sleep overs with boys! Man are we in for trouble!

3 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

Let's just see her try and get away with that in 10 years!

Anonymous said...

That's cute.
Good luck. Grandma T

Anonymous said...

Wow! Who ever thought it would start this early! :)It sure is a cute conversation though between the two of you...I will be anxious to hear how her first sleepover goes wherever it ends up being! :) Amy