Saturday, October 11, 2008

Davis' Baptism


This morning KK and I left the house at 7:15 to make the drive to Santa Rosa to see my cousins son Davis get baptized. Aly stayed home with Daddy as she had a 9:00 a.m. soccer game and since they don't have enough girls on the team she couldn't miss it.

We arrived at the baptism just in time with 5 minutes to spare. KK handled it pretty well except for having to go to the bathroom right as the priest was putting holy water on Davis' forehead. The cool thing was that the priest let an audience member blow the candle out and he brought it over to KK and I. I think KK was thrilled to help blow the candle out. After the ceremony we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a nice luncheon.













It was great to see all three of my cousins. I rarely get to see them since one lives in San Jose, one in Monterey, and one in San Diego. I hadn't even ever had the chance to meet Davis or Haley since they had been born. Davis is around 5 months old and Haley will be a year old next month. So it was great to finally get the opportunity to meet them.
















KK enjoyed playing with Haley and I think Haley enjoyed it as well. We had to leave shortly after 3 to make the trip back home. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to go and spend some time with my family.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to spend time with family during this celebration! Sounds like a nice baptism! :)


Hey did I tell you I used to live in Santa Rosa as well? :)