Thursday, July 31, 2008

The second night of our bedtime routine


I fully expected tonight to be a night filled with protest and possibly twenty minutes of crying during our new bedtime routine. I was well prepared for it, even though I was a bit tired. I gave the girls extra cuddling during the day so they would feel like they still get that affection that they crave.


As soon as lights were out magic happened! I put the cd on and tucked both girls into bed. I think KK said one time that she didn't want to sleep by herself but that was the end of that. I never heard a word about it again. As a matter of fact she didn't even CRY! Can you believe it? We went from the first night of screaming for 26 minutes to the second night of nothing! I was in complete and total shock! Was it really going to be this easy??? One night of pain for this! I would definitely say it was well worth it! I would do it again in a heart beat and only wish I had done it sooner.


Hopefully tonight will go just as well. If not I don't mind. Just seeing that I can have a night like I did last night is enough to give me hope. You know what else was amazing? Both girls slept in their beds all night and never got up once! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK. tHE WORD IS ROUTINE,Routine.Routine.

MOM