Monday, July 28, 2008

Lost & Found + Burning Down the House!

Today was one of those crazy days where you just can't believe all of the events that happen around you. This morning on the way to work hubby found a cellphone at the top of our road. Thankfully we have a compatible charger so he was able to charge it up to see whose it was. With the power of technology he was able to do a search to find that it is a 60 year old man living in Sunnyvale, CA. He is going to contact him tomorrow and I will snail mail the phone to him. I am sure this man will be very happy.

The next event was quite a shock and I feel so careless for the event. I was making Chicken Tikka Masala in the crock pot today. Due to my rush I apparently did not pull the cord all of the way out and it was stuck in between the pot and the metal casing that heats the pot up. So three hours into my cooking sparks start a flying!!!! Fortunately I just happened to be right there in front of the crock pot and quickly unplugged it. The cord was melted and the pot was charred. Can you imagine if I was outside, in the shower, or not at home? That would have for sure burnt my house down! I am so glad that I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

My next shock came after discovering that my cat is such an awesome hunter. I was out in the yard with the girls and found three dead shrews and a dead bird. All must have been from today as we were out in the yard last night and didn't discover any of these dead rodents! Go Shadow, you are quite the cat!

My last and final event for the day was the big, black lab that happened to come over to my house for a visit--and to aggressively mark his territory on my rose bushes, wood pile, sidewalk, etc. I knew he was not a stray as he had a blue leash attached to him. So after some persuasion I was able to get Max to come to me. I read the phone number on his tag, called his family, and had him stay on my deck until his family could come and pick him up. They arrived within an hour of Max coming to my house! Yeah!

Can't wait to see how eventful tomorrow will be!

2 comments:

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Wow! Definitely a good thing that you are at the right place in the right time. Hope your day will get better and less eventful now. :)

-Amy @ The Q Family

Anonymous said...

Dead birds becareful of. Put in plastic bags and call the city. West nile virus you know. They take down horses, they can take down birds for dessert.
MOM