Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It is so hot we are outta here!

Wow, this week is crazy in the way of hot weather and we absolutely can't take it! Yes we live in the mountains but it is still reaching 101 up here and we do not have any air conditioning!!!! Not to mention the fact that our house is over 20 years old and has very poor insulation. So we are hot, sticky, and miserable.

So it got me thinking? How much is a nice air conditioned hotel near hubby's work? I decided to check on some last minute deals on hotels and found one within 5 minutes of his work for $52 a night. If we stay three nights we get a $50 gas gift card back so essentially that brings our cost down to $106. Next I decided to calculate how much gas hubby would spend commuting those days and it would save us over $70 in gas. So I decided it was a no brainer. For $30 we can have three night of air conditioning, a pool for us to swim in, and oh yeah we are close to an air conditioned mall during the day where the kids can play at their indoor play centers. Don't worry I will keep my wallet in my pocket! Remember I am the frugal one and it is not too hard for me to resist!

Hope you are all finding ways to keep cool! What are some of you doing to keep out of this heat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you guys to get out of the heat! And have a little fun too!! I hope you all have a wonderful time and are staying cool! I would have done the same thing without a doubt! Love, AMy