Saturday, July 12, 2008

mexican omlet

Here is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I had it at a local restaurant and recreated it myself. It is so good. The first few times I made it with chorrizo but now I am making it with ground meat as I read what chorrizo is made out of and I don't think I will ever eat it again. This recipe serves two people.

One 12 oz. package of chorrizo prepared or one pound ground beef prepared as taco meat.
2 flour tortillas

Four eggs cooked sunny side up

1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese

1 avocado cut up
1/2 cup salsa
2 tablespoons sour cream

Cook chorrizo or taco meat. Cook 4 eggs sunny side up. Grate 1 cup cheddar cheese. Cut up one avocado. Once the meat and eggs are cooked begin assembly. Heat up flour tortilla and place on plate. Put half of the meat on each tortilla. Put two cooked eggs ontop of the meat. Put half of the avocado on the meat. Put 1/4 cup of salsa on top of that. Finish with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Grab your fork and knife and enjoy!









No comments: