Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It has been five years!!!!!


Wow, I am so happy I can't even believe what happened last night. In five years time last night was the first night since Aly was born that both of my girls slept through the night! I slept all the way from 11-4 without being woke up. I woke up on my own, went to the bathroom and was able to go back to sleep for the rest of the night. The girls are still sleeping and I am thrilled that no one woke up.


We co-bedded with both girls the first 2 years of their lives. I think with Aly is what more like three years. For KK I had started putting her in her own bed around 2 years old. Ever since one or both of them still wake up at least once a night and need to be put back to bed. Since we lay with them so they can fall alseep this takes a bit of time. Needless to say I have had interepted sleep for five years now. If you look back at this time last year KK was getting me up 4-5 times a night!


Perhpas this will be the start of something good. If I start to get a full uninterupted nights sleep perhaps I won't need to lay in bed for 9 hours to make up for the sleep I lost. Perhaps I will just require 8 hours and will begin to enjoy some quiet time before bed. Hubby and I have actually been trying to make it a priority to spend some time together before bed but it hasn't been working out lately.


Wish me luck. Let's hope that this is a new trend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment for you guys. I hope the trend continues and you can start getting better sleep at night. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :) Amy