Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Great Budgeting Tool


I was reading my consumer's Report magazine and came upon a great article on Budgeting money and creating a spending strategy. While I have attempted to do this recently I was never able to be quite organized enough. Last year I tried Quicken but their account linking tools were not good enough for the accounts I currently had.


So this morning I checked out one of the three websites recommended by Consumer Reports to track your spending and create a budget. The website I am using is called Yodlee Moneycenter. I am so thrilled with it. You can link all of your accounts such as your credit cards, bank accounts, etc. It will take your spending and chart it into categories. It did a great job too. There were a few I had to fix like my Safeway Fuel spending was in groceries but it was easy to correct by just changing the category to gas.


It will also allow you to go in and make a budget. It will take your current spending and put those amounts in for a guide and let you change them to what you want to budget for.


If you are looking into becoming more organized and want to see exactly where you are spending your money this is a free, easy to use program that you will be glad you tried!

No comments: