Monday, July 14, 2008

Do you think she likes it????

The heat has been unbearable here lately and I can only imagine how a long haired golden retreiver must feel. So on Saturday night I decided to go ahead and buy some dog clippers in hopes of using them to give my dog a much needed hair cut!


Sunday morning I began the long process of cutting Nevada at 9:30 a.m. I decided to just dive right in and use the clippers. I used the biggest attachment which would leave her hair an inch long. Here she is before and after:
















Check out that pile of hair next to her! It took me almost two hours to do the whole job. Partly because I didn't know what I was doing and partly because I did take two breaks for both her sanity and mine! She was a really good girl about it though. I did learn though that it will probaby be easier in the future if I cut all the long hair away first and then take a razor to it. Do you think she looks sad? I swear she has been moping around and looking at me with that sad face. Perhaps I am just taking it personally. I hope it helps her to feel more cooled down. She was so hot before.













Here is a picture of her playing with our cat Shadow. They have always enjoyed eachother and still play with eachother to this day. So what do you think of her haircut? Did I do a good job? Do you think she is embarrassed now to be seen by other dogs--hee, hee....

1 comment:

Niki Jolene said...

You did a great job. I have been seriously considering getting some clippers to upkeep our dog's hair. We have a Maltese and he requires lots of grooming which is a real budget buster. We got him not because we wanted a show dog or a high maintenance dog, but because he is as close as possible to being a hypoallergenic dog. Our whole family suffers allergies!

I am a little hesitant to do it....do you have any training, or did you just wing it?

:)