Friday, July 11, 2008

From cling on to Ms. free

Two weeks ago we were invited to a neighborhood pool that is exlusive to community residents only. Since we don't live in that community we can only go with someone who does. Well lucky me, one of Aly's preschool friends had invited us and wants to try and make it a once a week playdate thing. So we went to the pool with our life jackets and water wings and looked forward to having a great time. Aly chose to have a life jacket and decided to double up on her protection by adding a swimming ring as well! She was so nervous in the water that she never let go of the side.

Flash forward to a week later. Aly is still wearing a life jacket and a swimming ring but is now happily swimming around the pool and even started jumping in alone from the side of the pool and not asking me to catch her!


So when we decided to stay at the hotel to beat the heat I knew this would be a good opportunity to continue helping Aly to get more comfortable in the water. By the last day of swimming Aly is now swimming only with water wings and she is swimming quite fast around the pool. She is doing the doggy paddle and even comfortable enough to float on her back and try swimming backwards a bit.















Last night onour last swimming trip hubby agreed I could sit on the side of the pool and watch him do both girls himself! I was thrilled as I had had my fill of swimming lately! Hubby even got lucky and two teenage girls joined him in the pool. They loved children so they asked if they could play with the girls! Lucky hubby to be able to sit back and watch too! I was thrilled as well and ran up to the room and grabbed my camera!




These pics were all taken from my cell phone. When I have a chance I will try and upload my camera pics and a cute video as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa you are doing so well with your swimming. With just your water wings, Grandma is soooo proud of you, keep up the good work.
Love-Kisses and Hugs,
Grandma W.