Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camping trip with hubby's family

I was definatly M.I.A. from blogging last week due to our family camping trip. I don't like to post ahead of time when we will be gone due to privacy issues so when you see me gone for close to a week, chances are we are on vacation!


We met hubby's Dad and his wife Gloria at Lake of the Springs in Oregon House, Ca. This is about a 3 hour drive for us. It was very hot! Apparently this region experienced a devasting fire five years ago so the amount of shade is minimal and it just so happened that this past weekend temperatures were in the high 90's. Due to this heat we swam in the lake everyday!


I didn't get all of my pictures from my cellphone so I will post what I have for now.


Here are some pics at family smores. Aly requested that we have smores for camping because that is what you do when you go camping! For some reason she thought you were supposed to eat your smores off of the stick. KK wasn't interested in her smores and took it apart only to eat the chocolate. Daddy was the chef and since no campfires were aloud at this campground they fired up the grill and cooked the marchmellows that way.
Here is a picture representing what Daddy's do best: Relaxing!!! Here I am relaxing too although really, how much time can you relax with a 3 and 5 year old at camp!
Here is a picture of Grandpa reading to KK and she was so tired she fell asleep! The second picture is Aly and Grandma Gloria hanging out having fun!
More pictures to come later hopefully. I really want to post pictures from our bumper boating experience!

1 comment:

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Looks like you had a great trip. We have never been camping. I have been working on Mr. Rojo but so far very unsuccessful. :)

-Amy @ The Q Family