Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kindergarten Roundup

Today Aly had kindergarten roundup at the school she will be attending in the fall. I was really excited to go and she seemed to be too. We got a sitter for KK so we could enjoy the experience together uninterrupted. The paper we got in the mail told us we would be riding a school bus, visiting a kindergarten classroom, meeting the principal, and touring the campus.


When we got to the roundup and sat down to listen to the principal we found out that Aly would spend the day without Mommy. She would be riding the bus alone and going to a kindergarten classroom without me. I was mortified. I wasn't prepared for this. I didn't prepare her for this. I thought we would ride the bus together and be able to talk about it as it was happening. I was quite nervous when I found out we would be separated. I told her she would get to ride the bus like a big girl without Mommy. Luckily she has her frog with her and her friend Nathan. Aly and Nathan got on the bus together and sat in the same seat.















Aren't they so cute together holding hands as they board the bus? In the second picture Aly and Nathan are sitting in the back on the left. You pretty much can only see her green frog above the seat.


Here is Aly in a kindergarten classroom. She looked like she was having a good time doing art. She made a sunflower. Aly said her favorite part of the day was playing out on the playground for recess. She said she didn't like the bus and was very scared. Nathan told his mommy that Aly was very sad on the bus and cried. He tried to make funny faces to make her happy.
I think if I had known she would be by herself and prepared her it probably would have gone a little better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have absolutley died if I was in your shoes that day. That must have been so hard for the both of you. I'm sure sorry it happened that way. She sure does look like a big girl in the at picture of the 2 of them getting on the bus! too cute!
Love,Amy