Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cutting my own hair

You are probably going to laugh at me and think I am quite pathetic but for numerous reasons I tend to only get a paid haircut about twice a year. It's not that I don't want one more often, it is a combination of things. I have a hard time getting hubby to be available to watch the kids during a normal hairdressers hours, I have a hard time finding a hairdresser, I don't like to spend a lot of money on my hair, and sometimes it just takes me awhile to get around to it.

About a year or so ago I decided to change my hair a little more dramatically and I had them cut bangs for me. I never regretted it and like having bangs. The only downside is my hair grows so fast that I need my bangs cut about every 4 weeks as I hate to have hair in my eyes. So over the past year instead of paying to have my bangs cut I have been doing it myself. Most of the time they always turn out pretty good. The time before last I was in such a hurry I didn't do the best job. So this time I decided to slow down and do it right. I think it turned out great. What do you think?




So can you tell I cut them myself? For those of you who have known me for the past year did you know that I have been cutting my own bangs? Were there times you wanted to say, "Girl, what did you do to your hair?" Or do you think I do a pretty good job and no one would be the wiser?
Please comment, I have been feeling very lonely.....feels like I only have a one person audience....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I had no idea you have been cutting your own hair! Your hair looks so good and I would never know the difference! It looks great and so do you! Your face looks so skinny now. You really look great Angela! As you know I totally understand the lonely feeling! I hope you get a lot more comments! :-) Love,Amy

Anonymous said...

Must have looked good cuz I never noticed myself. Of course I cut my own hair with a flowbee, so I'm probably not a good person to comment! Ed

Anonymous said...

If your bangs were all frizzed out after doing them, then I'd say, "Yep, she did 'em herself" (while wondering, "Did she pay money for that???") But since they look nice, I'd just assume that you went to a salon and had them done. -- Bill

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Looks great!