Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aly gets bit by a goose!

Well today was quite a day filled with the unexpected! I had scheduled a playgroup at a local park and was to meet some of the other mom's there at 10:00 a.m. Upon arriving I notice that no one is at the park and the park is closed. I couldn't believe it! Our local parks have never been closed before. Apparently they were doing some renovations to the blacktop area and will reopen of Friday.



So here I have two sad kids who really want to go to the park. I quickly think in my mind, what other parks are there? I remember that there is a park we all nicknamed Duck Poop Pond because there are soo many ducks there, that on the grassy lawn area there is duck poop everywhere. It doesn't effect the playground area so I decided to give it a try. We get there and there is no one else at the park. We go and visit the ducks and geese. Within a few seconds of seeing the ducks, the geese are charging us. I am thinking they just want food so I don't worry too much. Nope, one of them reached right out and bit Aly! I couldn't believe it! Immediately she is screaming and I am thinking, it must have just scared her. How bad could a goose bite be? Then when I sit her down to look at the bite, I am in shock to find out that a goose does bite hard and yes indeed it does hurt. Aly began bruising immediately and you could see the exact shape of the goose's bite on her leg. Poor girl.

I know the picture isn't a really clear shot but it really is quite a bite.

After she got bit she didn't want to stay at that park anymore so we go over to the last park I could think of in town. No one is at that park either and what's worse, there are no bathrooms. Aly doesn't want to play there alone so we decide to go to the local McDonald's as there is a play center there.

The girls had a lot more fun at the play center. The only down fall is that someones child peed in the play center half way down one of the slides and KK slid right through it. Disgusting huh! Maybe this was just one of those days we should have stayed home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!"
- - -
"And -- Oh, Auntie Em, -- there's no place like home!"

-- Dorothy, from The Wizard of Oz, MGM 1939.

-- Bill

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Wow! That is crazy. I swear I never let Ashley play in the play things at McDonald's because they are so gross!

Anonymous said...

First of all that bite is amazing! I didn't even know that geese did that. And poor Kayla...that is just disgusting! I guess not one of your better or lucky days that's for sure. Sorry it was such a hard day for everyone....Love,
Amy