Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hubby's B-day celebration

We celebrated hubby's birthday this week. I made him a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with chocolate mocha frosting. It was sooo good. The girls loved it just as much as we did. The frosting recipe I used called for 1/4 cup of coffee so well it gave it a coffee flavoring, it wasn't over powering. I used a brownie recipe for the cake part. It was really soft, moist and delicious.

Here is an interesting fact you may not know. Hubby and my mom share the same birthday. Yes, they are both Taurus's. Really easy for me to remember both of their birthdays. Hubby turned 24--yeah right that is what he wants us to think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cake looks heavenly! I know I would have LOVED it! Can't have a much better combination than chocolate, mint, and mocha. YUMMMMMY! I like the look of the mints on top too! I hope Ed had a Happy Birthday and really enjoyed his homemade birthday cake!
Amy