Monday, May 5, 2008

Gas and grocery bill

I figured out my April gas and grocery bill for the month. Our gas bill was $708.46 and our grocery bill was $249.36. I am definitely happy that I am getting my grocery bill down so low but I can't do much about the gas bill.

Our corrolla still isn't fix. My mechanic friend redid the brakes, replaced the pads, turned the rotors, and adjusted the calipers. Apparently that didn't fix the vibration problem. So far to try and fix this problem we have had the tires balanced, replaced the axles and did the brakes. The current mechanic is going to test the fuel injectors and the valves next. I certainly hope it isn't a valve because that could run 1,000!

Check out that fuel image above. Can you believe just four years ago gas was averaging $1.85 a gallon? Here in CA our gas is around $3.95 a gallon. It is just crazy. They need to get rid of the taxes we pay on gas and give us a break! Did you know the federal tax rate for gas is 18.4% and CA tax rate for gas is 18%. So we pay 36% of our gas fees in tax. So if you said gas was 4.00 a gallon, got rid of the fed and state taxes you would be paying $2.56 a gallon instead. Big difference huh!

No comments: