Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Aly's playdate and my little helper

This morning shortly after 8 a.m. I got a call from a local friend asking if we were still o.k. having Grace come over. I was happy to have Grace over as she is such a good little girl and it would be great for Aly to have time to play with a friend.

As soon as I hung up the phone I asked Aly for a favor. I said, "Aly can you clean up the front room while I finish on the treadmill so I can vacuum before your friend Grace comes over?" Aly was excited and immediately replied, "Sure Mom!"

Sure enough while I was doing the treadmill Aly was downstairs happily cleaning. No complaining, no negotiating, just happily cleaning. When I finished on the treadmill I came down stairs and to my surprise the entire front room was cleaned, she moved a chair and the two person picnic table out of the room, and had her little toy vacuum and was vacuuming the living room. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears for that matter. I was so proud and so happy. I couldn't believe what a helpful, big girl she was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have made you feel so good and so proud of Alyssa! Tooooo cute about her and the vaccuum! I would have love to seen that one. Amy

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

I can't wait for Ashley to be a little older!