Wednesday, July 25, 2007

To nap or not to nap, that is the question

Many of you probably remember me complaining about KK's sleeping issues. Well the past two days have posed a new dilemma. KK went to sleep Monday night at 10:00 p.m. She then woke up at 6:15 a.m. and had one nap from 2-4 p.m. I think I had went to sleep at 11:00 p.m. that night and KK woke me up at least once or twice during the night. So, I definately didn't get enough sleep.

Well, last night she went to bed at 9:30 p.m. Do you know what time she woke up? Can you believe she woke up at 5:30 a.m.? I totally tried to get her back to sleep but she wasn't having any of that. I think I went to bed around 10:30 and she woke me up twice last night. Yet another night of not enough sleep.

Personally, I think I like it better when she doesn't nap. Strange that a two year old only requires a total of 10 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. If she doesn't nap she typically sleeps from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. This gives me an opportunity to try and get in 8 hours of interrupted sleep but I find that much better than 7.

So what do you think? What would you prefer? A child that sleeps 8 hours at night and naps 2 hours during the day, or 10 hours at night and no nap? I bet you this girl will totally be a late night party girl when she is older, boy am I in for some trouble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Asha and Roshan were skipping naps and sleeping late, I liked being able to sleep in. However, they were so cranky without naps, so I decided I'd rather have them nap.