Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mommy and Aly's best friends visit.

Just about a year ago Mommy's best friend Amy moved to Montana to be closer to her family. Amy's daughter Taylor was Aly's best friend. While their move broke our hearts we have kept in contact with them daily. We were lucky enough to have an overnight visit with them last January and yesterday we were able to see them the whole day.


Aly was soo happy to see Taylor and talked about it for days before her arrival. The morning of she got up at 7 a.m. and the first thing she did was ask when Taylor was coming over. Neither one of us could contain our excitement anymore so finally at 9 a.m. I called Amy begging her to come over. Apparently she was just out driving around with the kids killing time till she could come over. Within minutes of the call she was here and we were all very excited.


Amy and I share a special bond because we were pregnant with our second child at the same time. In fact, her son Timmy was born just 5 days before KK. So it has been so much fun to watch our children grow up and see their development. Taylor is 9 months younger than Aly and has really been the only "girlfriend" that Aly has made a special bond with.





Here they are together at last!








Here are Timmy and KK together. You know when they were born Timmy was 3 inches taller and 3 pounds heavier? He is still between 1-2 inches taller and a few pounds heavier but KK is really trying to catch up. ;-)





I just had to post this sleeping picture of Timmy. They were at our house from 9-3 and he had to take a break for a nap. Isn't he cute!


After they left we met them at the park at 5:30 to play for an hour before heading over to Round Table. Poor Amy doesn't have a Round Table in Montana so it is a must stop place when coming through here.


At Round Table my girls were not behaving. Aly got a time out in the corner. You know what was really funny. One of our friends daughter, Elizabeth came over to me and said, "You can't do that to her!" I thought it was soo cute that she was defending her friend.


We left Round Table at 8 and sadly said goodbye to our friends. Till next time. We will miss you deeply!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I LOVED this post! It was so much fun to read and just to think about what a fun day it was! I wish we could have been in Pollock longer but I'm glad we were able to visit! The pictures were really fun to see! I can't believe the one of Timmy sleeping. :-) I will show Taylor and Timmy tomorrow. I know they will love it. Thanks a lot Angela and especially for your friendship! I'm so thankful the miles have definitely not come between us! Your such a wonderful person and even more wonderful of a friend!!! I sure miss you!