Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tired yet again

What a bummer. These last three nights KK has been sleeping bad again. She is cutting her top molars and it has been very hard. Mostly just at night though. She has been up everynight between 1-3 and can't go back to sleep until after I give her a dose of motrin. She has typically stayed awake for at least and hour. With me being up that long, I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

We had a bit of sad news today. We were supposed to meet a friend and her son at the beach. Unfortunately she had to cancel. I was really worried about telling Aly because it is one of her best friends and she was really looking forward to playing in the sand with him. Do you know what she said when I told her? She said, "That's o.k. Mommy. I love you and Daddy, and KK the best anyway and I will have a fun time with my family! I love my friend too, but I love you guys the best!" These moments are what makes parenting so fullfilling.

You know what is really cute. I asked Aly if she could pick out her clothes for camping and she got really excited. I told her to pick out 4 shirts and 4 shorts/capris. She is in her room right now picking out her clothes. So far she has brought me 3 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of capris. How cute, my little girl is growing up. See, they are ready for a lot more responsiblity than we typically give them!

Did I tell you that KK can sing the first two versus of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star? She is so cute. The words are always 100% pronounced correctly but you can understand what she is singing.

Yesterday ended up being such a bad day that I didn't have the chance--or the enrgy to come on and write. Bummer. Looking forward to our time at the beach. I will take lots of pics.

No comments: