Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Berry Picking

I am a few days behind on my posts. With all of the company we have had and me not getting enough sleep I have been going right to bed after KK so I haven't had the energy to make a post. I am going to try to catch up today.


Sunday we went berry picking with Grandma and Grandpa T. We went to a local berry farm called Patrick's. Man are they expensive. Look at the little white bucket Aly has, it costs around 20-25 dollars to fill the bucket. It is actually cheaper to just go down to the fruit stand and buy one of their fresh made blackberry pies. I know, it is all about the experience. I am not sure who had more fun, the kids, or the grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa picked two buckets worth and grandpa really learned how to pick just the right berry. Here are some pics:





I call it, "Guardian of the bucket." Aly loved to carry the bucket around and KK was just as happy as can be picking berries and putting them into Aly's bucket.




KK loved just walking in between the aisles and trying to assert some freedom.




Here is a picture of Aly and Grandpa trying to find that big, sweet, delicious berry.



Here is Aly reaching up to pick a berry.



At the end of berry picking we went to a large grassy field to cool down. The girls played with some balls. Here, Aly is taking a rest. Can you see the berries on her face? She must have ate more than she picked!

No comments: