Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Peter Pan

O.k., I know this is really bad, and as a parent you shouldn't let T.V. be part of the bedtime routine, but I just can't help myself. Little KK has fallen in love with the Disney movie Peter Pan. Every night she will come up to me and say, "Mommy, want watch Peter Pan!" How can you say no to that! Besides, she only watches for like 15-20 minutes and it calms her down. If you don't put Peter Pan on she is a nightmare to put to bed. She really likes her chosen routine.

On that note I have to ad another cute little quirk I discovered about KK's personality. Lately, she has been taking money or toys and lining them up side by side next to each other in a row. It is so cute and so methodical. It started out with coins, then the next day she grabbed plastic spoons and made like three rows of 6 spoons perfectly lined up. Today she lined up frogs next to each other. Maybe she got that engineer personality from her Daddy. ;-)

Tonight when we were having our family dinner, I told hubby that Aly's friends Nick and Kai were going to be going to Aly's preschool next year. Aly got excited because she really loves Nick. I had to burst her bubble by telling her Nick wouldn't be in her class. She started crying and said, "But I love him so much and I want him in my class." I had to explain to her that Nick would be in the 3 year old class and she would be in the 4 year old class. She said, "That's o.k. Mommy, I will just do the 3 year old class again with Nick." Anyway, she was sad to learn that she couldn't be in class with Nick. Hopefully, over time she will get used to it.

No comments: