Saturday, July 21, 2007

Family Day

Today was a day filled with family and fun! Hubby's side of the family was here visiting which included his Dad, Step-mom, brother and wife, along with their six kids. We had a huge water balloon fight and a water gun fight as well. I escaped in the kitchen getting the meal prepared and let all of the fun stay outside;-) KK didn't really want to be outside getting wet so she stayed inside with me watching Dora so I could prepare the food.

It was a long exhausting day and I look forward to going to sleep. I think both of our children will be asleep by 10 tonight. KK normally has been staying up till 10:30-11 but I got her to sleep by 9:30 and hubby is working on Aly as we speak!

I forgot to tell you that Friday I was so lucky that I was able to run errands without the children. Their grandparents watched them for me and I got to jump in and out of my car at each place without unbuckling and re buckling seat belts. It felt so freeing. You know what was even more amazing? When I left I said good bye to KK and she waved her hand and said, "Bye, Bye, see you later." It felt so good to see her happy. Normally she cries and throws a fit when I leave.

If I have a chance tomorrow I will probably post some pictures we took in the yard of the girls. Hubby has the yard looking very nice with flowers in full bloom so we thought it would be the perfect time to put the girls in dresses and try to get some good shots. I think we only ended up with two or three. Hopefully we will have a chance to try and take pictures again while the garden is in full bloom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure am glad you had so much fun running errands like that! I know how it is too if my Mom watches the kids even for an hour. It's amazing how much you can get done in that hour without the kids! It's just a gift! :-)