Thursday, February 28, 2008

Loving my treadmill

About a week and a half ago I was able to get a treadmill so I could work out from home. I never knew how much I would love it! In fact I love it so much I am using it 2-3 times a day burning from 550-825 calories a day. I am doing 1/2 hour sessions at a time. Typically one before the girls wake up, one after lunch, and one after hubby gets home. It is so great. I have already blown through all of the weightloss programs and am now settling for the aerobic programs. Most of my work out is a fast walk and/or slow jog. I am working my way up to be able to run the whole thirty minutes. It does inclines too. Most of my inclines during the program are between 8-10 with a max of 12.

I have an exercise bike too but I find the treadmill to be more motivating and more fun! I put my reality TV shows on and the half hour just flies by. It has only been a week and a half and I totally feel the muscles building in my legs. This is a good thing because last summer they were so flabby I wouldn't even wear shorts. Which is the first time in my whole life I have felt this way! So I look forward to toning up, loosing some weight, and looking good in my swimsuit this summer. Not to mention feeling better about myself and having a better energy level! As of yesterday I had even lost 3 pounds. Can't wait to step on the scale today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! You make me want to start working out too...

xoxo
annette