Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kindness Slips

The most amazing thing is happening at preschool lately. Aly's teacher is promoting kindness for the month of February and let me just tell you, the power of this activity is really working well in our home! Aly's teacher has made slips called kindness slips. Everytime Aly does something kind we get to fill out a kindness slip. These slips are returned to school. The teacher reads them out loud and puts a candy heart in a jar for each kindness slip. When the jar is full they will have a party.

I love this activity. Aly is going around everyday now being incredibly helpful. Do you know the other day while I was downstairs Aly was upstairs picking her sisters clothes out and helping her get dressed? I was in shock. Nothing had even been mentioned about getting dressed for the day. They were so cute in their room together getting their clothes on. Of course I filled out a kindness slip for that one.

Later that day KK is in the bathroom and Aly is sitting next to her helping her go to the bathroom. She helped her get toilet paper to wipe and was helping her put her clothes back on. DING, DING, another kindness slip!

The next day Aly and KK are sitting in the computer chair while Aly is playing on noggin. She is patiently asking KK where KK wants her to play next and what she wants her to click on. KK is answering and Aly is doing exactly what she said. YES! This is exactly what I like to see in my house, peace, harmony, collaboration! Another kindness slip goes out to Aly.

I think that this activity should happen every month. It should never end. (Course if it didn't I wonder if the novelty would wear off anyway)

No comments: