Friday, August 3, 2007

What happened to all of the gentlemen?????

Yesterday after Cameron Park Lake I had to go to Costco. Unfortunately the lake tired the girls out and they both fell asleep on the drive. When I got to the parking lot at costco I turned the car off and rolled down the windows. They both slept for about ten more minutes until the noisy car next to us left. Then Aly woke up so I decided to go ahead and go shopping.

Unfortunately KK did not want to wake up. Costco doesn't provide those shopping carts with the infant seats so I had to carry my 25 lb girl around in one arm while pulling/pushing a cart with the other. This was o.k. for the small stuff, but when it came to the large items I was in for a battle.

I was in shock when I was trying to move a case of water underneath my cart with my little toddler on one shoulder, and my other arm and legs pushing the case of water under the cart. There was a family behind me waiting for their turn. After putting the first case under, I tried to put a second case. This one wasn't going so well. The woman behind me told her husband to help me with the water. He did after her direction but not on his own accord.

The next heavy item was the 40lb bag of dogfood. Once again my toddler was on my left shoulder and I am tugging with my right arm and pushing with my knees trying to get this bag to fit ontop of the water cases. Yes, you guessed it, when I was almost finished, another wife told her husband to help me with the dogfood.

Just so you know these weren't the only men in the area. Other men without their wives would wander by and not offer help. I know why. Becaue I am NOT a HOT GIRL!!!! I am telling you, if I was a hot girl, men would have been rushing to my aide. All I could think of was this would be a good test for one of those candid camera shows.

The candid camera show could put a "Hot Girl" with nothing in her hands--no sleeping toddler, and have her attempt to lift a heavy item. A few isles down, candid camera could show an average mom with a sleeping toddler in her arms struggling to get the heavy items in the cart.

How much do you want to bet that the hot girl wouldn't even have to actually touch the item? She would already have men flocking to her side lifted the item with a grin and probably asking to accompany her on the rest of her shopping trip to help with anymore heavy items. Or the drooling man will secretly follow her and just happen to be in the right place the next time she needs something heavy lifted.

Meanwhile, the poor women with the sleeping child is sweating trying to move the items into her cart in whatever crafty way she can manage. The only aide coming from other sensitive women, directing their husbands to offer a hand.

I will say, women rock!!! Do you know towards the end of my shopping trip, one mother left her cart with her husband and children and came and pushed mine for a few mintues until KK woke up. Just goes to show, women have more compassion over men---and actually "get" how difficult it can be to do a costco run alone.

No comments: