Friday, August 17, 2007

Aly's little lies

Since Aly just recently turned 4 I find her little lies still "cute." I know, eventually they won't be but right now it is just so hard to contain myself from wanting to laugh. I guess the latest lies have just been so humorous because they were just so obvious.



Yesterday I made cupcakes for the girls. I left the nearly empty frosting canister on the counter with the spatuala in it. Well, last night she came into the livingroom with frosting all over her face. Here is how the conversation went:


Mommy: Aly, did you get into the frosting?


Aly: No, mommy, I didn't.


Mommy: Are you sure, because I see frosting all over your face. Would you like to start over and tell me what happened?


Aly: (BIG GRIN ON ALY"S FACE) Well, mommy, I went into the kitchen and I saw the frosting on the counter. I really wanted to lick it so I got it and ate some.


Mommy: O.k. Aly but you really shouldn't lie about it. Lying isn't good. Next time tell me the truth.


Aly: O.k. Mommy, I will.


Of course by Friday morning Aly is back into the frosting again and the converstation goes pretty similar to the previous only this time I tell her that she is lying and sneaking and when we sneak something we have to throw it away. So an hour or so later she sneaks the frosting and I have to ask her to throw it away in the garbage. The good news was that this time she told the truth the first time though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nathan is into lying right now too. On one occassion, he was seating next to me and he passed gas.

I told him, "Nathan, that's rude!"

"What mommy?" he asked.

"You just passed gas." I answered.

"No I didn't!" he protested.

"Then who did it?" I asked.

Nathan looked at Jordan who was across the room minding his own business and said with a smile, "Jordan did it!"

Can you believe it? He is already passing the blame to his brother!