Sunday, August 5, 2007

Everyone needs an old car to drive around, don't they?






Well, I can't believe what happened today. Hubby, the kids, and I were in the backyard just playing and all of a sudden we hear one of our neighbors drive up to the house. We go and look and it is our next neighbor down the road named Ed. Anyway, he stops to ask us how we liked our Honda. We told him we liked it, we just outgrew it and needed an 8 passenger car. He asked if we were selling the Honda and we told him we were. To make a long story short, he bought our car. How amazing is that? We didn't even have a for sale sign on it and I had only had it listed on craigslist for a few days. Pretty lucky for me that I had such a quick sale. Hubby thinks it is just easier not to hassle and trade them in at the dealer. Of course I am Ms. Frugal and know how much of a rip off the dealers are so I insist on selling it myself. In the end it paid off because I sold it for 5K for than the dealer would have given me. Just goes to show you, it pays to do things yourself!

So selling this car on the spot like that got me thinking. Now I don't have an older car to drive around when I am going someplace where I know the chances of getting a door ding are huge. Like Friday night when I went to Carrows for dinner, I drove the passport because I knew that the parking spaces are tight and many of the customers have small children that will just push the door open and not be careful. Now I am really wishing I had my Toyota Corrolla back for times like those. I am going to be so nervous now trying to avoid that first door ding and that first scratch. O.k. I know it will happen sometime but you know how hard that first scratch/ding is.

No comments: