Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Long Day

Well, these past few days I have been forced to learn to enjoy my new car. The fear is leaving and I am starting to learn the car and the features I like and don't like. I will say, I really do like this whole onstar thing and the ability to make a phone call hands free through the car.

I had to bring my car in already to the dealer for a recall. The good news is they fixed the bolt recall, fixed the nail in my right rear tire, and even washed my car. I was totally stoked about the courtesy car wash because in the short two weeks I had my car, it had gotten totally dusty! Amazing how a clean car can make you feel sooo good.

My girls were not having so much fun at the dealer. I assumed they wouldn't. The children's room there is pretty lame. They only have legos, a bowling set, and a plastic horse. I don't understand why they would paint such a pretty mural on the wall and not have enough things for the kids to do. I knew this from when I bought the car so I had Aly run upstairs and pick a few things from the playroom that she didn't want anymore. Due to lack of time I couldn't put my input in so unfortunately we only ended up donating two "My Little Ponies," and some various small plastic figures. Next time I hope to bring some bigger toys. If they aren't going to supply them, we might as well donate them so that other children can enjoy them. Oh yeah, and they had a tv/vcr combo in the room with only two VHS vides. The Little Mermaid and some other none animated movie meant for older children. So, next time I hope to bring in some VHS videos to donate as well.

After the dealer I had to take the girls to Mcdonald's for lunch. Since my new car rule of no food in the car I had to actually take them inside to eat. The good news for them was that this particular McDonald's had a playland. Not so fun for me, but hey, they had just spent two miserable hours at the car dealers so the least I could do was give them an hour of fun. The hard part was that KK made me absolutely crazy. She kept climbing all the way to the top. Once she passed a few levels I could not see her anymore. So there I am just hoping that she is alright and that none of the crazy school aged boys running around like mad men knock her over. Boy, I tell you, once she is between 3-4 years old I might actually enjoy sitting back at a table and letting them play. In the meantime, it is absolute torture on me---I have no control over what is happening inside the structure and can't know what she is even doing!

See, you are learning more and more about my crazy personality with each post! I hope I am keeping you laughing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing to go and do all that with the girls on your own like that! It sounds so hard! I know what you mean about the play structure at McDonalds! Timmy always goes way up there too. I know he will be fine but just like you said it's the other kids I worry about running over him and trying to get by him! I'm sure glad you got those things taken care of on your brand new car! I sure hope you are able to enjoy it! I love reading all of your posts!!!