Monday, August 13, 2007

Our trip to Del Norte State Park

Friday morning we left for a very long drive to meet my brother Tim at Del Norte Redwoods State Park which is located 7 miles south of Crescent City California. We left just before 8 a.m. and arrived at the campground at 4:30 in the afternoon. Around 12:30 we stopped for lunch at a rest area on HWY 299. Here is a picture of Aly and Daddy enjoying their lunch at the rest stop.


HWY 299 was a very curvy rd and I don't recommend it. In fact we drove a different route home just to avoid it!

When we reached the campground my brother Tim and sister in-law Amelia were already there. They got there at 2 I think. Anyway here are some photos of our campsite. We really liked the campground and our site that we shared was very private. My brother Tim has the motorcycle and they were doing a long road trip from WA.







I just have to include some photos of our 4 person tent and how crowded the sleeping accomodations were. If you can see the entire tent was sleeping bags with no room to spare. What was even worse was the second night we all ended up sleeping on the double airmattress with the kids sleeping practically ontop of us.










The next set of pictures is our campfire with hubby and Amelia roasting sausages over the fire. The fire was the only thing that kept us warm---it was freezing and I was underprepared!! The other picture is Aly trying to go to sleep in the tent.









If you click on the pictures you can view them larger. I will post day two in a seperate post.

No comments: