Saturday, August 25, 2007

Halloween in my teens

I thought some of you might get a kick out of an old picture I found from 1989 when I was only 16 years old. I had just moved to San Jose to live with my Dad a few months prior. When I moved there from WA I was so scared to go to school with all of the "cool" city kids. I knew where I grew up we were totally behind the times. I was so afraid that I would look like such a nerd due to where I came from.



Luckily, my friend Lia whom I met through church, helped me to feel at ease. I was so lucky to have met her and have someone to introduce me around. It really helped me in my transition. I will never forget her and will always be thankful for her friendship.



Anyway, here we are--me as a Hershey's Kiss and Lia as a farmer? Oddly enough we went out Trick or Treating that night. Look how young I looked! At 16 I looked like I was like 12!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You really do look like such a baby face! Worse yet.....You still look pretty much the same with different hair! Lucky Bum =) Gorgeous Mama (smile)